Mr Tomlinson did not attend the planning committee but the planning officer reports a letter as follows:
"We’ve also received a letter from Justin Tomlinson MP, the local Swindon MP, who says:
- The application does not demonstrate the local roads and beyond will be able to cope as they are.
- There should be careful consideration as to whether the open space is sufficient or deliverable.
- No guarantees have been provided that ensure that the necessary school places will be made available in reasonable time.
- it is reasonable to question, in his view, whether the applicant will deliver the resources in suitable homes.
- Consideration should be given to whether Tadpole Farm is still acceptable as a major extension given the abolition of the regional strategy."
Do actions speak louder than words?